- Worked in a lingerie store when she was 15.
- At age 18 she began working at a strip bar in El Toro, CA, where she started to create her burlesque routine.
- Wore a corset every day for seven years until she cinched her waist down to 16 inches.
- In 1992 she created a website to sell her photos; dita.net became one of the first adult sites on the Internet.
- Got her big break in 2002 when she was asked to pose for the cover of Playboy.
- Chose the name Dita in tribute to silent-film actress Dita Parlo and picked Von Teese from the phone book.
- Modeled for such designers as Vivienne Westwood and Jean Paul Gaultier.
- An advocate in the fight against HIV and AIDS, she was a MAC Viva Glam Spokesperson from 2006 to '08.
- Performed at several events for Amfar and was honored with their Award of Courage in 2008.
- In 2011, appeared as a guest star on CSI and performed her classic Martini Glass routine.
- Marilyn Manson — Ex-husband
- Bonnie Lindsey — Mother
- Ken Sweet — Father
Season 11, Episode 12
- Birth Name: Heather Renee Sweet
- Birth Place: West Branch, MI
- Birthday: September 28, 1972, Libra
- Profession: Burlesque performer, Model, Costume designer, Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating:
Show More »