- Worked in a lingerie store when she was 15.
- At age 18 she began working at a strip bar in El Toro, CA, where she started to create her burlesque routine.
- Wore a corset every day for seven years until she cinched her waist down to 16 inches.
- In 1992 she created a website to sell her photos; dita.net became one of the first adult sites on the Internet.
- Got her big break in 2002 when she was asked to pose for the cover of Playboy.
- Chose the name Dita in tribute to silent-film actress Dita Parlo and picked Von Teese from the phone book.
- Modeled for such designers as Vivienne Westwood and Jean Paul Gaultier.
- An advocate in the fight against HIV and AIDS, she was a MAC Viva Glam Spokesperson from 2006 to '08.
- Performed at several events for Amfar and was honored with their Award of Courage in 2008.
- In 2011, appeared as a guest star on CSI and performed her classic Martini Glass routine.
- Marilyn Manson — Ex-husband
- Bonnie Lindsey — Mother
- Ken Sweet — Father
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Heather Renee Sweet
- Birth Place: West Branch, MI
- Profession: Burlesque performer, Model, Costume designer, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more