Diana Ross Celebrity Watchlist
- Originally formed a group called the Primettes in her housing project. In 1967, they were renamed Diana Ross and the Supremes and went on to score 12 No. 1 pop hits.
- Made her TV debut that same year on Tarzan playing a nun.
- In 1970, after leaving the Supremes, she released her first solo hits "Reach Out and Touch" and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough."
- Earned an Oscar nod for her film debut playing legendary singer Billie Holiday in 1972's Lady Sings the Blues.
- Despite her initial cinematic success, her two subsequent movies were flops: 1975's Mahogany and 1978's The Wiz. She did little acting after that.
- Was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988.
- Released her autobiography, Secrets of a Sparrow, in 1993.
- Is a spokesperson for National Children's Day, which gives young people the chance to share their hopes and concerns with America's leaders.
- Nominated for 12 Grammy Awards—but never won.
- 1995, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1973, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 1977, Tony — Special Award: Winner
- 1972, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1982, People's Choice Awards — Favorite New Song: Winner
- 0, — :
- 1973, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress: Nominee
- 1973, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actress: Winner
- Arne Naess Jr. — Ex-husband
- Robert Silberstein — Ex-husband
- Ross Arne Naess — Son
- Rhonda Ross Kendrick — Daughter
- Fred Ross — Father
- Tracee Ellis Ross — Daughter
- Chudney Lane — Daughter
- Ernestine Ross — Mother
- Evan Ross — Son
- Berry Gordy — Ex-significant Other
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York