- Worked as a model and nightclub singer as a teenager.
- Dropped out of college in 1954 and made her Broadway (House of Flowers) and film (Carmen Jones) debuts that same year.
- Began releasing albums in the late 1950s.
- Became the first black actress to win a Tony award for best actress (No Strings in 1962), star in a TV series (Julia in 1968) and host a variety show (The Diahann Carroll Show in 1976).
- Portrayed Dominique Devereaux in Dynasty and its spin-off, The Colbys, in the 1980s.
- Starred as the iconic Norma Desmond in Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical version of Sunset Boulevard.
- Launched a line of wigs, clothing and accessories in 1997.
- Is a breast-cancer survivor.
- Played recurring character Jane Burke on Grey's Anatomy.
- Released an autobiography (Diahann!) in 1986 and a memoir (The Legs Are the Last to Go: Aging, Acting, Marrying, and Other Things I Learned the Hard Way) in 2008.
- 2008, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1969, Golden Globe — Actress in a Television Series: Winner
- 1975, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1974, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1989, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1970, Golden Globe — Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1963, Emmy — Outstanding Single Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1962, Tony — Actress (Musical): Winner
- 1969, Emmy — Outstanding Continued Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Monte Kay — Ex-husband
- Robert DeLeon — Ex-husband
- Sidney Poitier — Ex-fiancé
- Vic Damone — Ex-husband
- Freddie Glusman — Ex-husband
- Suzanne Kay Bamford — Daughter
- John Johnson — Father
- Mabel Faulk Johnson — Mother
- David Frost — Ex-fiancé
- Attended New York University, New York, NY
- Birth Name: Carol Diann Johnson
- Birth Place: Bronx, NY
- Birthday: July 17, 1935, Cancer
- Profession: Actor, Singer
- User Rating: