Diablo Cody Celebrity
- Took her pen name during a drive through Cody, WY, while listening to a song called "El Diablo."
- While working at an ad agency in Minneapolis in 2003, she entered an amateur stripper contest on a whim, then quit her day job to strip full-time and work at a peep show; wrote a 2005 memoir called Candy Girl: A Year in the Life of an Unlikely Stripper.
- Was signed by a Hollywood literary manager after he discovered her blog.
- Received an Oscar for the first screenplay she wrote, Juno.
- In 2011, started hosting an online interview program called Red Band Trailer, which features Cody interviewing celebrities in an Airstream trailer.
- Served as cochair for the Athena Film Festival, which celebrates women's leadership, in 2013.
- 2007, Oscar — Best Writing (Original Screenplay): Winner
- 2008, Golden Globe — Best Screenplay - Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2007, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Original Screenplay: Winner
- Jon Hunt — Ex-husband
- Dan Maurio — Husband
- Greg Busey — Father
- Marcello Daniel Maurio — Son
- Marc Busey — Brother
- Pam Busey — Mother
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA (2000)
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 11:22 PM UTC - more info)
By CreateSpaceUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $19.95 (as of 11:22 PM UTC - more info)