- His father was jailed during the Cuban Revolution in 1933 and had his property and money confiscated.
- Toured with band leader Xavier Cugat for a year before heading his own orchestra.
- Cast by director George Abbott in the 1939 Rodgers and Hart Broadway musical Too Many Girls and reprised the role for the 1940 film version, which starred Lucille Ball.
- Although they were married in real life, CBS didn't think Arnaz would be believable as Ball's husband in I Love Lucy. They toured the country with a revue to prove that audiences would accept them, then produced the pilot with their own money.
- Credited with devising the three-camera technique of filming sitcoms.
- Bought RKO Studios and turned it into Desilu Productions, producing series such as The Danny Thomas Show, Star Trek: The Original Series and The Untouchables.
- Made his final big-screen appearance in the 1982 drama The Escape Artist.
- Lucille Ball — Ex-wife
- Lucie Arnaz — Daughter
- Edith Mack Hirsch — Wife (deceased)
- Lolita Arnaz — Mother
- Desi Arnaz Jr. — Son
- Desiderio Alberto Arnaz y de Acha — Father
Season 3, Episode 23
- Birth Name: Desiderio Alberto Arnaz y de Acha III
- Birth Place: Santiago, Cuba
- Birthday: March 2, 1917, Pisces
- Died: December 2, 1986
- Profession: Actor, Musician, Band leader, Producer, Director
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: