Desi Arnaz Celebrity Watchlist
- His father was jailed during the Cuban Revolution in 1933 and had his property and money confiscated.
- Toured with band leader Xavier Cugat for a year before heading his own orchestra.
- Cast by director George Abbott in the 1939 Rodgers and Hart Broadway musical Too Many Girls and reprised the role for the 1940 film version, which starred Lucille Ball.
- Although they were married in real life, CBS didn't think Arnaz would be believable as Ball's husband in I Love Lucy. They toured the country with a revue to prove that audiences would accept them, then produced the pilot with their own money.
- Credited with devising the three-camera technique of filming sitcoms.
- Bought RKO Studios and turned it into Desilu Productions, producing series such as The Danny Thomas Show, Star Trek: The Original Series and The Untouchables.
- Made his final big-screen appearance in the 1982 drama The Escape Artist.
- Lucie Arnaz — Daughter
- Desi Arnaz Jr. — Son
- Desiderio Alberto Arnaz y de Acha — Father
- Lucille Ball — Ex-wife
- Edith Mack Hirsch — Wife (deceased)
- Lolita Arnaz — Mother
Next On TVSee all »
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative