- His father was jailed during the Cuban Revolution in 1933 and had his property and money confiscated.
- Toured with band leader Xavier Cugat for a year before heading his own orchestra.
- Cast by director George Abbott in the 1939 Rodgers and Hart Broadway musical Too Many Girls and reprised the role for the 1940 film version, which starred Lucille Ball.
- Although they were married in real life, CBS didn't think Arnaz would be believable as Ball's husband in I Love Lucy. They toured the country with a revue to prove that audiences would accept them, then produced the pilot with their own money.
- Credited with devising the three-camera technique of filming sitcoms.
- Bought RKO Studios and turned it into Desilu Productions, producing series such as The Danny Thomas Show, Star Trek: The Original Series and The Untouchables.
- Made his final big-screen appearance in the 1982 drama The Escape Artist.
- Desi Arnaz Jr. — Son
- Desiderio Alberto Arnaz y de Acha — Father
- Lucie Arnaz — Daughter
- Lucille Ball — Ex-wife
- Edith Mack Hirsch — Wife (deceased)
- Lolita Arnaz — Mother
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $9.99 (as of 3:48 AM UTC - more info)
By EAST WEST ENTERTAINMENTUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $14.24 (as of 3:48 AM UTC - more info)
By It BooksUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $13.68 (as of 3:48 AM UTC - more info)