- Began his acting career at the age of 4 with an appearance in the Broadway play Green Pastures.
- Was drafted by the Army and served a tour of duty in Vietnam.
- Guest-starred on an Emmy-winning episode of All in the Family, which helped him earn a lead role on the popular sitcom Sanford and Son.
- Scaled back his acting work after experiencing a spiritual awakening and becoming a minister in 1983.
- Is also a writer whose works include several children's books and the memoir Second Banana: The Bitter Sweet Memoirs of the Sanford & Son Years.
- Ada Mitchell — Grandmother
- Cicely Louise Johnston — Wife
- Attended City University of New York, Hunter College, New York, NY
- Birth Name: Grady Demond Wilson
- Birth Place: Valdosta, GA
- Profession: Actor, Writer, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead