Demi Moore started her career as a model before landing a role on the daytime soap General Hospital in 1982. After tackling a handful of supporting film roles, she gained mainstream attention as a gorgeous coke-addled college grad in 1985's St. Elmo's Fire. She and the rest of the hot young cast---including her then-fiancé, Emilio Estevez---became collectively known as the Brat Pack. However, as the '80s wore on, many of the other members faded into obscurity while Moore's star continued to rise with a string of blockbusters (Ghost, A Few Good Men, Indecent Proposal) and a high-profile marriage to megastar Bruce Willis. She became Hollywood's highest-paid actress in 1996, earning over $12 million to showcase her incredible body in Striptease. The following year Moore took a long hiatus from the big screen, during which her marriage to Willis fizzled. In 2003 the spotlight hit her once again when she signed on as a villainess in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and went public with her relationship with actor Ashton Kutcher, 15 years her junior. Although the movie failed to take off, her romance with Kutcher did and they married in 2005. In 2010, the couple launched the Demi & Ashton Foundation (DNA), which aims to eliminate child sex slavery worldwide and rehabilitate victims.
- Pronounces her name with the stress on the second syllable, since it's short for Demetria.
- Quit school at 16 to model and pursue acting, thanks in part to encouragement from actress Nastassja Kinski, her then-neighbor.
- Posed nude for the cover of Vanity Fair in 1991 while seven months pregnant, and graced the magazine's cover again in 1992 "clothed" in body paint.
- Received the MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss in 1994 with costar Woody Harrelson (Indecent Proposal).
- Paid a reported $12.5 million in 1995 to star in Striptease, becoming Hollywood's highest paid actress at the time.
- Appeared as an old woman on Saturday Night Live in 2005 to spoof her age difference with soon-to-be husband Ashton Kutcher, the show's host that night.
- 2007, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2012, Independent Spirit Awards — Robert Altman Award: Winner
- 1997, Emmy — Outstanding Made for Television Movie: Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1996, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Actress in a Dramatic Motion Picture: Winner
- 1993, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Actress in a Dramatic Motion Picture: Winner
- 1997, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1991, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Bruce Willis — Ex-husband
- Charles Harmon — Father
- Tallulah Belle Willis — Daughter
- Ashton Kutcher — Husband (separated)
- Emilio Estevez — Ex-fiancé
- Freddie Moore — Ex-husband
- Rumer Willis — Daughter
- Scout LaRue Willis — Daughter
- Danny Guynes — Stepfather
- James Craig Harmon — Half Brother
- Morgan Guynes — Half Brother
- Virginia Guynes — Mother
- Birth Name: Demetria Gene Guynes
- Birth Place: Roswell, New Mexico, United States
- Profession: Actor, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
Chicago P.D. and more
- Buy New: $11.37
By Columbia PicturesBuy New: $20.88
By 1993, Paramount PicturesBuy New: $4.95