- Was voted Most Likely to Succeed in high school.
- Was awarded 18 pageant titles by the time she was 17; was crowned Miss Florida in 1974; competed in the Miss America pageant that same year.
- Met husband, actor Gerald McRaney, on the set of her series Designing Women; he guest starred as one of her numerous ex-husbands.
- Created Delta Burke Design, a fashion line for plus-size women.
- Penned an autobiography, Delta Style: Eve Wasn't a Size 6 and Neither Am I, in 1998.
- Made her Broadway debut in 2004 as villainess Miss Mears in the musical comedy Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- In 2008, opened up to the press about her longtime battle with depression.
- 1991, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1990, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Angus McRaney — Stepson
- Jessica McRaney — Stepdaughter
- Jennifer Burke — Sister
- Jonathan Burke — Brother
- Kate McRaney — Stepdaughter
- Frederick Burke — Father
- Jean Burke — Mother
- Gerald McRaney — Husband
- Attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, London, England
- Birth Name: Delta Ramona Leah Burke
- Birth Place: Orlando, FL
- Profession: Actor, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead
By Allumination FilmworBuy New: $9.99
What Women Want Mel Gibson, Helen Hunt, Marisa Tomei, Lauren Holly, Mark Feuerstein, Valerie Perrine, Delta Burke, Alan Alda, Ashley Johnson, Logan...
By Paramount Home EntertainmentBuy New: $9.95