- Was voted Most Likely to Succeed in high school.
- Was awarded 18 pageant titles by the time she was 17; was crowned Miss Florida in 1974; competed in the Miss America pageant that same year.
- Met husband, actor Gerald McRaney, on the set of her series Designing Women; he guest starred as one of her numerous ex-husbands.
- Created Delta Burke Design, a fashion line for plus-size women.
- Penned an autobiography, Delta Style: Eve Wasn't a Size 6 and Neither Am I, in 1998.
- Made her Broadway debut in 2004 as villainess Miss Mears in the musical comedy Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- In 2008, opened up to the press about her longtime battle with depression.
- 1990, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1991, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Jonathan Burke — Brother
- Kate McRaney — Stepdaughter
- Frederick Burke — Father
- Jean Burke — Mother
- Angus McRaney — Stepson
- Jessica McRaney — Stepdaughter
- Gerald McRaney — Husband
- Jennifer Burke — Sister
- Attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, London, England
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $2.99 (as of 3:14 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:14 AM UTC - more info)
By PBS (DIRECT)Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.96 (as of 3:14 AM UTC - more info)