Deborah Harry Celebrity Watchlist
- Adopted when she was three months old.
- Worked as a Playboy bunny and as a waitress prior to her Blondie breakthrough.
- Released her first album in 1968 with a folk-rock group called Wind in the Willows.
- Founded Blondie with Chris Stein in 1974; the group released its eponymous debut two years later.
- Part of the legendary mid-'70s punk-rock scene at the Manhattan club CBGBs; other future stars included the Ramones, Patti Smith and Talking Heads.
- Sold more than 20 million copies of Parallel Lines, the classic 1978 Blondie album that featured the hit "Heart of Glass."
- Introduced the wider pop-rock audience to rap with the No. 1 Blondie hit "Rapture" in 1981.
- Released her solo debut, KooKoo, in 1981; it was produced by Chic's Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards.
- Suspended her career during the mid-'80s to care for boyfriend/Blondie bandmate Chris Stein, who was felled by pemphigus, a rare, potentially fatal disease.
- Inducted with Blondie into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2006.
- 1981, Golden Globe — Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Nominee
- Penn Jillette — Ex-significant Other
- Richard Harry — Father
- Chris Stein — Ex-significant Other
- Catherine Harry — Mother
- Centenary College of New Jersey, Hackettstown, NJ (AA, 1965)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York