- Boxed professionally as a young man under the name Kid Crochet, and was fond of saying of his ring record that "I won all but 11 of 12 fights."
- Delivered bootleg liquor, worked as a speakeasy croupier and blackjack dealer, which put him in contact with club owners and led to his first singing gigs.
- Said he modeled his singing style after Bing Crosby.
- Famously paired with Jerry Lewis in Atlantic City in 1946, which led to a 10-year union on stage and in films.
- After the breakup with Lewis, emerged as a legitimate actor in 1958's The Young Lions with Marlon Brando.
- Was a member of the so-called "Rat Pack" with Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Peter Lawford and Joey Bishop.
- His 1964 hit "Everybody Loves Somebody" knocked "A Hard Day's Night" by the Beatles from atop the music charts.
- Gained wider fame in the 1960s by hosting The Dean Martin Show, which morphed in the 1970s into his popular Celebrity Roasts, and appearing as agent Matt Helm in four James Bond-like spoofs.
- Has three stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame—for movies, music and TV.
- In 2009 was posthumously awarded his only Grammy for Lifetime Achievement.
- Nicknamed "the King of Cool."
- 1967, Golden Globe — Actor in a Television Series: Winner
- 1969, Golden Globe — Actor in a Television Series: Nominee
- 1970, Golden Globe — Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1972, Emmy — Outstanding Variety Series - Musical: Nominee
- 1968, Golden Globe — Actor in a Television Series: Nominee
- 1969, Emmy — Outstanding Variety or Musical Series: Nominee
- 1952, Emmy — Best Comedian or Comedienne: Nominee
- 2009, Grammy — Lifetime Achievement Award: Winner
- 1960, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1970, Emmy — Outstanding Variety or Musical Series: Nominee
- Catherine Mae Hawn — Ex-wife
- Elizabeth Anne McDonald — Ex-wife
- Heather Lyn Martin — Daughter
- Stephen Craig Martin — Son
- Jeanne Martin — Ex-wife
- Claudia Martin — Daughter
- Gaetano Crocetti — Father
- Gina Caroline Martin — Daughter
- Ricci Martin — Son
- William Crocetti — Brother
- Dean Paul Martin — Son
- Angela Crocetti — Mother
- Barbara Gail Martin — Daughter
- Leonard Barr — Uncle
- Deana Martin — Daughter
- Sasha Martin — Daughter
- Birth Name: Dino Paul Crocetti
- Birth Place: Steubenville, OH
- Died: December 25, 1995
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
Stars Dan Stevens and Rachel Keller share what to expect