- As a teen, he dropped out of school and joined Liverpool's Everyman Youth Theatre.
- Performed with the Royal Shakespeare Company and the National Theatre.
- At age 19, he made his professional acting debut in One Summer, the first drama series to debut on British television's Channel 4.
- Was nominated for a British Academy Television Craft Award for Best New Director (Fiction) in 2002 for the BBC's Sweet Revenge.
- Was one of four actors chosen to audition with Sharon Stone for Basic Instinct 2.
- His wife, novelist Esther Freud, is the great-grandaughter of Sigmund Freud and daughter of artist Lucian Freud.
- Albie — Son
- Anna — Daughter
- Paul Morrissey — Brother
- Esther Freud — Wife
- Gene — Son
- Birth Place: Liverpool, England
- Birthday: June 21, 1964, Gemini
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
We challenged Chris Geere, Aya Cash, Kether Donohue and Desmin Borges to draw 45-second portraits of each other and the results were... interesting