David Lee Roth Celebrity
- Nephew of Manny Roth, who owned and operated the legendary Greenwich Village club Café Wha?, where he first became interested in pursuing a showbiz career.
- Became friendly with Eddie and Alex Van Halen during the early 1970s after their band, Mammoth, rented his PA system.
- Was originally rejected when he auditioned for Mammoth in 1971, but joined the group two years later, and suggested a name change to Van Halen.
- Undertook expeditions to such exotic destinations as the Amazon and Nepal during the '80s with a group of fellow adventurers that called itself the Jungle Studs.
- Left Van Halen under murky circumstances in 1985, with reports varying as to whether he quit or was fired.
- Returned to Van Halen in 1996 to record two tracks for the Best of Van Halen Volume 1 collection, but a backstage argument at that year's MTV Video Music Awards ended that reunion.
- Published a best-selling memoir in 1997 that was named after his 1985 solo EP, Crazy From the Heat.
- Worked as an Emergency Medical Technician in New York in the early 2000s.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, as a member of Van Halen, in 2007.
- Reunited with Van Halen for a 2007-08 tour that raked in more than $93 million.
- Nathan Roth — Father
- Sybil Roth — Mother
- Apollonia Kotero — Ex-significant Other
- Brenna Roth — Daughter
- Lisa — Sister
- Allison — Sister
- Manny Roth — Uncle
- Attended Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA
Trending TonightSee all »
By Hal LeonardUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $19.03 (as of 7:15 PM UTC - more info)
By Warner Bros.Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $29.99 (as of 7:15 PM UTC - more info)
By HAL LEONARD CORPORATIONUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $15.25 (as of 7:15 PM UTC - more info)