Third time was the charm for this attractive, Juilliard-trained actor, who finally landed on the hit show Ghost Whisperer
after two high-profile misses. He first made his mark on the critically lauded but short-lived series Relativity
. A handful of stage and screen roles followed, including Miss Match
. But viewers were beginning to appreciate his understated sexiness and soulful blue eyes. His part as Jennifer Love Hewitt's supportive paramedic husband on Ghost Whisperer
confirmed him as a veritable small-screen hunk, and he stayed on the show for its entire run until it was canceled in 2010.David Conrad Fast Facts:
- Worked for the Steel Valley Historical Society.
- Made his Broadway debut in a 1998 revival of The Deep Blue Sea, starring opposite Blythe Danner and Edward Herrmann.
- Turned down auditions for Deep Impact and Boogie Nights because he wanted to concentrate on theater.
- In a 2005 Pittsburgh production of Henry IV, he tripped and broke a bone in his hand while making an entrance.
- Named one of TV's Sexiest Men by TV GUIDE in 2006.
- Produced a documentary in 2008 called Tamas: A Portrait, about an influential history teacher he had in high school.
- David Conrad Relationships:
- Jim Conrad - Father
- Margaret Conrad - Mother
- Brown University, Providence, RI; attended Juilliard School, New York, NY