After establishing himself as a valuable supporting player on television and in films, David Caruso shot to stardom as a homicide detective not afraid to show his rear end on NYPD Blue. Due to a salary dispute, the actor exited the hit drama acrimoniously after one season and set out to become a movie star. He returned to the small screen in 1997 on the short-lived Michael Hayes. His second try at a comeback, CSI: Miami, was more successful.
- In the category of dubious distinctions, his was the first in a series of butts to be exposed on the envelope-pushing NYPD Blue.
- His production company, Greta Films, is named after his daughter.
- Has portrayed his CSI: Miami character, Horatio Caine, on all three CSI series.
- Owns a women's clothing store in Miami.
- 1994, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Winner
- 1994, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Liza Marquez — Ex-significant Other
- Charles Caruso — Father
- Greta — Daughter
- Rachel Ticotin — Ex-wife
- Paloma Raquel — Daughter
- Margaret Buckley — Ex-wife
- Joan Caruso — Mother
- Joyce Caruso — Sister
- Cheri Maugans — Ex-wife
- Marquez Anthony — Son