A member of the celebrated Arquette acting clan—which includes his grandfather Cliff, father Lewis, and siblings Rosanna, Alexis, Richmond and Patricia—David got his start on the small screen in the early 1990's on short-lived series (The Insiders, Parenthood
) before landing a dim-witted role in the 1996 horror hit Scream
. Not only did the movie jump-start his film career, it introduced him to his future wife, Courteney Cox. Alternating between harrowing dramatic roles in indies (Johns
, The Grey Zone
) and comedic parts in decidedly silly mainstream fare (Eight Legged Freaks
, See Spot Run
), Arquette carved out a solid acting career, then turned his sights behind the camera. He directed several episodes of sister Patricia's otherworldly drama Medium
, and became professional partners with wife Courteney, appearing together in a handful of films (3000 Miles to Graceland
, multiple Screams
) and coproducing a number of shows, including her tabloid drama Dirt
and her Cougar Town
sitcom.David Arquette Fast Facts:
- Made his television debut in The Outsiders, which was executive produced by Francis Ford Coppola.
- Met wife Courteney Cox in 1996 on the set of Scream; in 2004, they formed Coquette Productions.
- Starred in the 2000 wrestling comedy Ready to Rumble and shortly thereafter won World Championship Wrestling's title of World Heavyweight Champion.
- In 2006, he was awarded the American Film Institute's Platinum Circle Award, along with other members of the Arquette clan, for the family's contributions to the entertainment industry.
- Chairman of the Entertainment Council for Feeding America, an organization that supplies food to low-income Americans.
- David Arquette Relationships:
- Lewis Arquette - Father
- Mardi Arquette - Mother
- Patricia Arquette - Sister
- Richmond Arquette - Brother
- Rosanna Arquette - Sister
- Courteney Cox - Ex-wife
- Alexis Arquette - Brother
- Coco Riley Arquette - Daughter
- Christina McLarty - Significant Other
- Cliff Arquette - Grandfather