Daphne Brogdon is host of TV Guide Network’s weekly series, THE FASHION TEAM where she lends her comedic talents to “dish” about what’s hot and what’s not in fashion on television.
Brogdon has appeared on numerous television series, showcasing her range of talent which includes improv, pithy celebrity interviews and dating advice from a woman’s perspective. She has appeared on “The X-Show,” where for a time, she was the only female late-night host on television. She has also hosted the controversial dating reality show, “Playing it Straight” on FOX, was the resident comedic expert on “The Ricki Lake Show” and has lent her wit to numerous comedic montage shows on VH-1 and Country Music Channel. Brogdon also hosted for FOX’s web show “24 Inside,” as well as “Perfect Partner” on Discovery.
Her quick witted improvisational skills are what drew her to her first professional love—radio. Most notably, Brogdon was the producer and side-kick of the nationally syndicated “The Dr Dean Edell Show.” She also loves performing improv and co-founded the group, Scratch Theater. Brogdon has also performed stand-up comedy at the Riviera Comedy Club in Las Vegas and the Improv in Hollywood. She also wrote and performed in two solo shows, “Radio Play” and “I have to be famous by 5pm."
You can contact them here at: TheFashionTeam@tvguide.comDaphne Brogdon Fast Facts:
- Her father, John Carl Brogdon, is a former mayor of Culver City, CA.
- Cofounder of the improv group Scratch Theater.
- Has performed two solo stand-up shows: Radio Play and I Have to Be Famous by 5pm.
- Host of Fox's 2004 reality show Playing It Straight.
- Cohost of TV Guide Network's The Fashion Team with Lawrence Zarian.
- Daphne Brogdon Relationships:
- John Carl Brogdon - Father
- Vivien - Daughter
- Rex Maxwell Peel - Son
- Carole - Sister
- Mark Peel - Husband
- University of California, Kresge College, Santa Cruz, CA (1988); attended American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco, CA