- Initially majored in math and physics in college, but switched to drama when he received a scholarship.
- Moved to New York City after college and became a member of the Acting Company at Juilliard; appeared in various stage productions in New York and San Diego.
- Appeared in guest roles on TV and in supporting parts in movies (Sweet Liberty, Angel Heart, Moon Over Parador) before hitting it big in 1988 as direct-mail entrepreneur David Meyer on L.A. Law.
- Signature role came in 1990 as Capt. Donald Cragen on Law & Order; directed several episodes of the series after departing in 1993.
- Starred as Abraham Lincoln on the controversial, short-lived sitcom The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer.
- Reprised his role as Capt. Cragen on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in 1999.
- Is an avid golfer and collects antique golf clubs.
- Went by "Danny" until he told a secretary it was time to drop the "y"; she took him literally, leading to the unusual spelling of his first name.
- Karen Florek — Wife
- Dave Florek — Brother
- Leonard Florek Sr. — Father
- Leonard Florek Jr. — Brother
- Mary Kay — Sister
- Darlene Florek — Mother
- Attended Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States; attended the Juilliard School, New York, NY
- Birth Place: Flat Rock, Michigan, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who and more