Daniel Sunjata Celebrity Watchlist
- "Sunjata," originally his middle name, is a Guinean word for "hungry lion" and was given to him by his adoptive parents.
- Played on two state championship football teams in high school.
- Performed in a student play his sophomore year at Florida A&M, which prompted him to switch majors from business to fine arts.
- Began making a name for himself on stage in the late 1990s, particularly in Twelfth Night with Helen Hunt, and then on TV, most notably as a sailor attempting to woo Sarah Jessica Parker on a 2002 episode of Sex and the City.
- In 2003 won a Theater World Award and earned his first Tony nomination for playing a gay baseball player in Take Me Out.
- In 2003 was named by People magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people of the year.
- Came to the public's attention as New York firefighter Franco Rivera on Rescue Me in 2004 and as Nurse Eli on Grey's Anatomy in 2010.
- Has shown support for the 9/11 Truth Movement that wants the 9/11 attacks to be reinvestigated; in a 2009 interview with Russia Today said he believes the 9/11 attacks were an inside job.
- 2003, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- Leah Condon — Sister
- University of Southwestern Louisiana, Lafayette, LA (BA in Fine Arts, 1995); New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY (MFA, 1998); attended Florida A & M University, Tallahassee, FL
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York