- Selected in the second round of the 1971 NFL draft by the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Played 1971 to' 83 in St. Louis.
- Five-time First Team All Pro, and six-time Pro Bowler.
- Began calling football games for the Cardinals and Missouri Tigers on KMOX radio in 1984.
- Worked for CBS for two years before joining ABC's Monday Night Football in 1987, where he stayed until 1998.
- Rejoined CBS in 1999 after the network reacquired the rights to NFL football.
- Has also worked as a boxing commentator, and as a correspondent for ABC at the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary.
- Enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame (1996), the Michigan Athletic Hall of Honor (1996) and the College Football Hall of Fame (2000). Also has a star on the St. Louis Walk of Fame (2002).
- Won the Pete Rozelle Radio-Television Award in 2008.
- Katherine Dierdorf — Daughter
- Debbie Dierdorf — Wife
- Kelly Dierdorf — Daughter
- Attended University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Birth Name: Daniel Lee Dierdorf
- Birth Place: Canton, OH
- Profession: NFL Hall of Famer, NFL analyst
Trending TonightSee all »
This is what The Walking Dead has to do to send us into the break the right way