- Worked as a road surveyor in Canada's Northwest Territories in his late teens.
- A law-enforcement enthusiast and grandson of a Canadian Mountie, he studied criminology in college and collects police badges.
- Developed a fascination with the supernatural that has served him well with the Coneheads characters, Ghostbusters (1984) and his role as host of the TV series Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal.
- Proposed to wife Donna Dixon on Fran Drescher's porch.
- Cofounded the successful House of Blues club-restaurant chain.
- 1979, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Comedy or Comedy-Variety or Music Series: Nominee
- 1979, Emmy — Outstanding Comedy - Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1978, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Comedy-Variety or Music Series: Nominee
- 1978, Emmy — Outstanding Continuing or Single Performance by a Supporting Actor in Variety or Music: Nominee
- 1989, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1977, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Comedy-Variety or Music Series: Winner
- Peter Hugh Aykroyd — Father
- Donna Dixon — Wife
- Stella Irene Augustus Aykroyd — Daughter
- Belle Kingston Aykroyd — Daughter
- Danielle Alexandra Aykroyd — Daughter
- Lorraine Aykroyd — Mother
- Peter Aykroyd — Brother
- Attended Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Birth Name: Daniel Edward Aykroyd
- Birth Place: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Writer
Trending TonightSee all »
Empire and more!