After a successful four-year stint on Guiding Light, the Daytime Emmy-winning Watros tested the prime-time waters with a handful of TV guest appearances before becoming a series regular on the sitcom Titus in 2000. Though the show folded in 2002, the actress continued to take on high-profile TV roles, appearing as a regular on both the Drew Carey Show and Lost. Although the actress was charged with DUI in 2005 during her one-year stint on Lost, she has avoided legal trouble since then, and even returned to guest star on Lost in 2008 and 2010. In 2010, Watros also landed a multi-episode arc on House, playing Dr. Wilson's ex-wife and current girlfriend. Off screen, Watros is married to restaurateur Curtis Gilliland and is the mother of twin daughters.
- Raised in a trailer park in Lake Orion, MI, following her parents' divorce; both her father and brother are electrical engineers.
- As a teenager, survived a three-year bout with immune thrombocytopenia, a life-threatening blood disease.
- Was one of two opening-night understudies for the 1993-94 off-Broadway production of John Patrick Shanley's Four Dogs and a Bone; Debra Messing was the other.
- Made her TV debut in a 1994 episode of New York Undercover.
- Won a Daytime Emmy (Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series) in 1998 for her role on Guiding Light.
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Winner
- Bruce Watros — Father
- Nancy Salvador — Mother
- Sadie Anne Marie Gilliland — Daughter
- Curtis Gilliland — Husband
- Steven Watros — Brother
- Emma Rose Marie Gilliland — Daughter
- Attended Macomb Community College, Macomb, MI; Boston University, Boston, MA (BFA)
- Birth Place: Lake Orion, MI
- Birthday: September 2, 1968, Virgo
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life