- Played classical violin and sang in church choir as a child.
- At 15, started her own indie band named Helen.
- Sat in with bands at a local jazz club, where she was a hatcheck girl; also met her husband, Jason Rae, during this time.
- Her 2006 debut album, Corinne Bailey Rae, debuted at No. 1 on the UK Album chart and reached No. 4 on the Billboard 200.
- Garnered three 2006 Grammy nominations (Best New Artist, Record of the Year and Song of the Year); in 2007, she earned one nod (Song of the Year) and one win (as a performer on Herbie Hancock's Album of the Year, River: The Joni Letters).
- Lent her support to the 2012 "30 Songs/30 Days" campaign organized by Half the Sky, which seeks to end the oppression of women and girls across the globe.
- Became an ambassador for CORD, a charity that helps refugees, and for Pump Aid, which provides clean and sustainable water to rural areas of Africa.
- 2007, Grammy — Album of the Year: Winner
- 2011, Grammy — Best R&B Performance: Winner
- Jason Rae — Husband (deceased)
- University of Leeds, Leeds, England (BA in English, 2000)
- Birth Name: Corinne Bailey
- Birth Place: Leeds, England
- Birthday: February 26, 1979, Pisces
- Profession: Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
And one of Judith Light's most embarrassing moments
By Music Sales AmericaBuy New: $19.95
By Alfred MusicBuy New: $18.29