- With her first screen test in 1978, she won her first starring role, in the ABC movie The Bermuda Depths.
- Career breakthrough came in the '80s, when she landed star-making roles on two popular series: sci-fi actioner The Greatest American Hero and prime-time soap Hotel.
- Inked a six-year deal with Montgomery Ward in 1991 to develop her own line of clothing, jewelry and intimate apparel.
- Returned to series TV in 1993 with the prime-time sudser Second Chances; however, the show was canceled after sets were destroyed in the 1994 San Fernando Valley earthquake.
- Served as spokesperson for the Mothers Against Drunk Driving "Tie One on for Safety"/Red Ribbon Holiday Campaign for 11 years.
- Along with husband John Tesh, cofounded the Sellecca/Tesh Foundation for the Forgotten Generation, which focuses on the needs of the elderly, in 1997.
- Cocreator of the Sellecca Solution line of skin care products.
- 1987, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- Gil Gerard — Ex-husband
- Rosann Mack — Sister
- John Tesh — Husband
- Primo Sellecchia — Father
- Prima Sellecchia Tesh — Daughter
- Ann Sellecchia — Mother
- Gilbert Vincent Gerard — Son
- Attended Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
Trending TonightSee all »
By PBS (DIRECT)Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.96 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $2.99 (as of 1:04 AM UTC - more info)