- Won Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts at age 12; he was the one who later suggested her stage name.
- Was salutatorian of her high-school class.
- Turned down a scholarship to NYU after her recording of "Who's Sorry Now?" became a breakthrough hit.
- Signature film role was in 1960's Where the Boys Are.
- Served as a spokesperson for Mental Health America's S.T.A.R. of Mine (for Stress, Treatment, Awareness, Recovery) campaign.
- Has been active in a number of charitable organizations, including UNICEF, the USO and CARE.
- 1964, Golden Globe — Special Achievement: Winner
- Bobby Darin — Ex-significant Other
- George Franconero, Sr. — Father
- Bob Parkinson — Ex-husband
- Joseph Garzilli — Ex-husband
- F. Lee Bailey — Ex-significant Other
- George Franconero, Jr. — Brother
- Dick Kannelis — Ex-husband
- Izzy Marion — Ex-husband
- Ida Franconero — Mother
- Joseph Garzilli Jr — Son
- Birth Name: Concetta Rosa Maria Franconero
- Birth Place: Newark, NJ
- Profession: Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
By PolyGram VideoBuy New: $10.71