- Cofounded the Circle Repertory Theatre in New York City.
- Had her big break as prostitute April Green in the 1970s in the off-Broadway production of Hot L Baltimore, a role she reprised for the 1975 TV series of the same name.
- Was known for April's boisterous laugh and said that for years people asked her to do the laugh.
- Made her theatrical film debut in Sidney Lumet's Network (1976).
- Had her first starring role, opposite Rip Torn, in Heartland (1979).
- Though known for her long career in TV and film, she has won an OBIE Award, Theater World Award and Drama Desk Award for her stage work.
- Her role as Berta on the sitcom Two and a Half Men, for which she received Emmy nominations, was originally only supposed to be for a two-part episode.
- Writes children's poetry.
- 2007, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2005, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1992, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Luther Martin Ferrell — Father
- Mescal Loraine Ferrell — Mother
- Arnold A. Anderson — Husband
- Samantha — Daughter
- Attended West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV (1961-64); Marshall University, Huntington, WV (1967-68)
Season 4, Episode 15
- Birth Name: Conchata Galen Ferrell
- Birth Place: Loudendale, WV
- Birthday: March 28, 1943,
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: