This Canadian actress commuted to Hollywood from her Vancouver home before landing a plum part on the sitcom How I Met Your Mother. (She credits CBS with helping her obtain a visa.) Prior to this breakout role, she starred on the short-lived Veritas and did a stint on The L Word. In 2012, she took a supporting role in the summer blockbuster The Avengers, playing S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill.
- Aspired to become a marine biologist when she was young.
- Speaks fluent French.
- Voted "Most Respected" her senior year of high school.
- Spent a summer at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art studying Shakespeare.
- Appeared in the 2010 off-Broadway production of Love, Loss, and What I Wore.
- Taran Killam — Husband
- Shaelyn Cado Killam — Daughter
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Jacoba Francisca Maria Smulders
- Birth Place: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Profession: Actor, Model
Trending TonightSee all »
See who made the cut!