This Canadian actress commuted to Hollywood from her Vancouver home before landing a plum part on the sitcom How I Met Your Mother
. (She credits CBS with helping her obtain a visa.) Prior to this breakout role, she starred on the short-lived Veritas
and did a stint on The L Word
. In 2012, she took a supporting role in the summer blockbuster The Avengers
, playing S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill.Cobie Smulders Fast Facts:
- Aspired to become a marine biologist when she was young.
- Speaks fluent French.
- Voted "Most Respected" her senior year of high school.
- Spent a summer at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art studying Shakespeare.
- Appeared in the 2010 off-Broadway production of Love, Loss, and What I Wore.
- Cobie Smulders Relationships:
- Taran Killam - Husband
- Shaelyn Cado Killam - Daughter