This Canadian actress commuted to Hollywood from her Vancouver home before landing a plum part on the sitcom How I Met Your Mother. (She credits CBS with helping her obtain a visa.) Prior to this breakout role, she starred on the short-lived Veritas and did a stint on The L Word. In 2012, she took a supporting role in the summer blockbuster The Avengers, playing S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill.
- Aspired to become a marine biologist when she was young.
- Speaks fluent French.
- Voted "Most Respected" her senior year of high school.
- Spent a summer at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art studying Shakespeare.
- Appeared in the 2010 off-Broadway production of Love, Loss, and What I Wore.
- Taran Killam — Husband
- Shaelyn Cado Killam — Daughter
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Jacoba Francisca Maria Smulders
- Birth Place: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Birthday: April 3, 1982, Aries
- Profession: Actor, Model
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise is Home
- 5. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly