- His father, Jess Owen, is a British country-western singer.
- Failed to get into the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art on his first try; worked as a house cleaner for two years until he successfully won admittance.
- Made professional stage debut as part of the Young Vic company, where he met his soon-to-be wife in a production of Romeo and Juliet.
- Played Ross Tanner, a cop suffering from a virus that affects his vision, in the British series Second Sight.
- Breakthrough movie role in 1998's Croupier was a flop in England but a sleeper art-house hit the following year in the U.S.
- Featured in a series of eight short films titled The Hire, produced by BMW and helmed by such international directors as Guy Ritchie, John Woo, Ang Lee and Wong Kar-wai.
- Had an uncredited in-joke cameo as Secret Agent 006 in the Steve Martin remake of The Pink Panther; Owen was for a time rumored to be the next James Bond in Casino Royale (a part that went to Daniel Craig).
- Promoted Lancôme grooming products for men in spring 2007.
- Re-created on-screen chemistry with Closer costar Julia Roberts five years later in the romantic spy thriller Duplicity.
- 2012, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: Nominee
- 2015, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 2004, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2005, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actor: Nominee
- 2005, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2012, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- 2013, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2010, Australian Film Institute Awards — Best Lead Actor: Nominee
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 2005, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 2005, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 2006, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- Jess Owen — Father
- Eve Owen — Daughter
- Alan Owen — Brother
- Hannah Owen — Daughter
- Lee Owen — Brother
- Sarah-Jane Fenton — Wife
- Pamela — Mother
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England (1987)
- Birth Name: Clive Owen
- Birth Place: Coventry, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner, American Gods and more