Clark Gable Celebrity Watchlist
- Became known as the "King of Hollywood," because of his status as the most bankable male star of the 1930s.
- In 1942, enlisted in the Army Air Corps. Reportedly, Adolf Hitler was a fan and offered a sizable reward to any German soldier who could capture Gable alive.
- Played the same role in 1923's Red Dust and its remake Mogambo in 1953.
- Was featured on a commemorative U.S. postal stamp in 1990.
- Interred in the same shrine as Carole Lombard in Glendale, CA.
- Cartoon character Bugs Bunny's signature pose while eating a carrot was said to be inspired by Gable in a scene from It Happened One Night.
- 1935, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1934, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Winner
- 1960, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1959, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Judy Lewis — Daughter
- Kathleen Williams — Wife
- Adeline Gable — Mother
- Silvia Ashley — Ex-wife
- Loretta Young — Ex-significant Other
- Carole Lombard — Wife (deceased)
- Josephine Dillon — Ex-wife
- Maria Langham — Ex-wife
- William Gable — Father
- John Clark Gable — Son
Trending TonightSee all »
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing PlatformBuy New: $8.54
By Three Rivers PressBuy New: $13.97
Clark Gable - The Signature Collection (Dancing Lady / China Seas / San Francisco / Wife vs. Secretary / Boom Town / Mogambo)
By Warner Home VideoBuy New: $24.99
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Dance Moms: Mackenzie's Time to Shine
- 5. Empire: Pilot
- 6. Married at First Sight: The Weddings
- 7. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia