- Became known as the "King of Hollywood," because of his status as the most bankable male star of the 1930s.
- In 1942, enlisted in the Army Air Corps. Reportedly, Adolf Hitler was a fan and offered a sizable reward to any German soldier who could capture Gable alive.
- Played the same role in 1923's Red Dust and its remake Mogambo in 1953.
- Was featured on a commemorative U.S. postal stamp in 1990.
- Interred in the same shrine as Carole Lombard in Glendale, CA.
- Cartoon character Bugs Bunny's signature pose while eating a carrot was said to be inspired by Gable in a scene from It Happened One Night.
- 1935, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1960, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1959, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1934, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Winner
- Adeline Gable — Mother
- Silvia Ashley — Ex-wife
- William Gable — Father
- Judy Lewis — Daughter
- Carole Lombard — Wife (deceased)
- Josephine Dillon — Ex-wife
- Maria Langham — Ex-wife
- Loretta Young — Ex-significant Other
- Kathleen Williams — Wife
- John Clark Gable — Son
Trending TonightSee all »
Clark Gable - The Signature Collection (Dancing Lady / China Seas / San Francisco / Wife vs. Secretary / Boom Town / Mogambo)
By Warner Home VideoUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $23.99 (as of 10:20 AM UTC - more info)
By 20th Century FoxUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $21.07 (as of 10:20 AM UTC - more info)
Hollywood's 10 Greatest Actors: Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Marlon Brando, Fred Astaire, Henry Fonda, Clark Gable, James Cagney,...
By CreateSpace Independent Publishing PlatformUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $17.09 (as of 10:20 AM UTC - more info)