Claire Bloom Celebrity Watchlist
- Debuted on the London stage in 1947, and gave an acclaimed performance as Ophelia in a Stratford-upon-Avon production of Hamlet in 1948.
- Made her film debut in 1948's The Blind Goddess and achieved stardom as a result of her role in Charlie Chaplin's Limelight (1952).
- Costarred with lover Richard Burton in Alexander the Great (1956), Look Back in Anger (1959) and The Spy Who Came In From the Cold (1965).
- Appeared in two Woody Allen films: as Martin Landau's wife in Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989) and in the chorus of Mighty Aphrodite (1995).
- Her 1996 memoir, Leaving a Doll's House, recounts the unraveling of her marriage to author Philip Roth, whom she threatened with a lawsuit when he planned to give her name to an unsympathetic character in his novel Deception.
- 1999, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 1982, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Special: Nominee
- 1952, BAFTA Film Awards — Most Promising Newcomer to Film: Winner
- Rod Steiger — Ex-husband
- Hillard Elkins — Ex-husband
- Edward Max Blume — Father
- Elizabeth Blume — Mother
- John Bloom — Brother
- Mary Grew Sheridan — Aunt
- Anna Justine Steiger — Daughter
- Yul Brynner — Ex-significant Other
- Philip Roth — Ex-husband
- Richard Burton — Ex-significant Other
- Laurence Olivier — Ex-significant Other
- Attended Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London, England; attended Central School of Speech and Drama, London, England
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage