- Was discovered at 16 by a photographer who suggested she model; a year later, she was a finalist in a modeling contest sponsored by Elite.
- Was valedictorian of her high-school class.
- Briefly studied chemical engineering at Northwestern University before deciding to pursue modeling full-time.
- Was one of the original "supermodels," a group that includes Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer.
- Parlayed her modeling success into a gig as the host of MTV’s House of Style (1989-95).
- Has appeared in several music videos, including George Michael’s "Freedom" (as the naked woman in the tub).
- Received People's "Sexiest Couple Alive" honors along with then-husband Richard Gere in 1993.
- Has become a successful entrepreneur with projects that include her own home-furnishings collection, exercise videos, a book on makeup and a line of skin-care products.
- Is active in pediatric-cancer charities; her younger brother died of leukemia when she was a child.
- Richard Gere — Ex-husband
- Dan Crawford — Father
- Rande Gerber — Husband
- John Enos III — Ex-significant Other
- Val Kilmer — Ex-significant Other
- Chris — Sister
- Jennifer Moluf — Mother
- Presley Walker Gerber — Son
- Kaia Jordan Gerber — Daughter
- Danielle — Sister
- Jeffery Crawford — Brother
- Attended Northwestern University, Evanston, IL