- Danced, acted and modeled at a very young age.
- As a teen, worked briefly as a lion tamer in a traveling circus.
- Lost out to Ryan O'Neal for the lead role in Love Story and was the second choice behind Harrison Ford to play Han Solo in Star Wars.
- Originally auditioned for a small part in The Deer Hunter, but instead won the part of Nick and earned a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his performance.
- Used a diet of rice and bananas to achieve his gaunt look for The Deer Hunter.
- Awarded "Funniest Male Guest Star" at the 2001 American Comedy Awards for his work on Saturday Night Live, an episode highlighted by a parody of Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper."
- Won a 2001 MTV Video Music Award for Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice," in which he danced through an empty hotel.
- Starred in the Broadway play A Behanding in Spokane in 2010, garnering a Tony nomination.
- Has had his offbeat speech delivery often imitated. Walken impressionists include Robin Williams, Kevin Spacey and Kevin Pollak.
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1979, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1991, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Special: Nominee
- 2002, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1978, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1980, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Supporting Actor: Nominee
- 2008, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Winner
- 2010, Tony — Actor (Play): Nominee
- 2000, Tony — Actor (Musical): Nominee
- 2003, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Rosalie Walken — Mother
- Glenn Walken — Brother
- Kenneth Walken — Brother
- Paul Walken — Father
- Georgianne Walken — Wife
- Attended Hofstra College, Hempstead, NY
- Birth Name: Ronald Walken
- Birth Place: Astoria, NY
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Can the Time After Time stars, who were nearly unrecognizable with facial hair, recognize other actors by only seeing their facial hair?