- Shared an apartment with Robin Williams while at Juilliard.
- Made his Broadway debut opposite Katharine Hepburn in the 1976 play A Matter of Gravity.
- Won a BAFTA Award for Most Promising Newcomer for his work as the title character in Richard Donner's Superman (1978).
- Founded the Christopher Reeve Foundation in 1996 to raise money and awareness for spinal-injury research.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1997.
- Received honorary degrees from Boston University's School of Medicine (1997), Juilliard (1997) and Pace University (1998).
- Authored the books Still Me (1998) and Nothing Is Impossible: Reflections on a New Life (2004).
- Was directing two films at the time of his death: the A&E biopic The Brooke Ellison Story (2004) and the animated Everyone's Hero (2006).
- 2003, Emmy — Outstanding Non-Fiction Special (Traditional): Nominee
- 1997, Emmy — Outstanding Directing for a Miniseries or a Special: Nominee
- 1999, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1997, Emmy — Outstanding Informational Special: Winner
- 1998, Grammy — Best Spoken Word Album: Winner
- 1978, BAFTA Film Awards — Most Promising Newcomer to Leading Film Roles: Winner
- 1998, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: Winner
- 1998, Emmy — Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special: Nominee
- Zachary Williams — Godchild
- Alexandra Reeve-Givens — Daughter
- Franklin D'Olier Reeve — Father
- Gae Exton — Ex-significant Other
- Matthew Reeve — Son
- Benjamin Reeve — Brother
- Jeff Johnson — Half Brother
- Barbara R. Johnson — Mother
- Dana Reeve — Wife
- Kristopher Keach — Godchild
- William Elliot Reeve — Son
- Kevin Johnson — Half Brother
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York (AB in Theatre Arts, 1974); attended the Juilliard School, New York, NY
Season 3, Episode 17
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Birthday: September 25, 1952, Libra
- Died: October 10, 2004
- Profession: Actor, Director, Producer
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: