- Attended Neighborhood Playhouse in New York and studied with renowned acting teacher Sanford Meisner.
- Appeared in more than 200 stage productions before segueing into film.
- Starred as Oberon in a 1975 Yale production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, which costarred a young graduate student named Meryl Streep as Helena.
- Made his film debut in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, starring Jack Nicholson.
- His nephew is actor Sam Lloyd, who played sad-sack lawyer Ted on Scrubs.
- 1983, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy, Variety or Music Series: Winner
- 1992, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Winner
- 1982, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy, Variety or Music Series: Winner
- 1994, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Male: Winner
- Sam Lloyd Sr. — Brother
- Ruth Lapham Lloyd — Mother
- Catherine Boyd — Ex-wife
- Carol Ann Vanek — Ex-wife
- Donald Mygatt — Half Brother
- Antoinette Mygatt Lucas — Half Sister
- Sam Lloyd — Nephew
- Samuel Lloyd — Father
- Adele Kinney — Sister
- Jane Walker Wood — Ex-wife
- Ruth Lloyd — Sister
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Christopher Allen Lloyd
- Birth Place: Stamford, CT
- Birthday: October 22, 1938, Libra
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind