- Originally wanted to be an opera singer.
- Served with the Royal Air Force during World War II.
- Big break came when he first donned fangs for the title role in Horror of Dracula (1958).
- Ian Fleming (James Bond author and his distant cousin) suggested him for the title role in the film Dr. No (1962), but the part went to Joseph Wiseman. He was later cast as the villain Scaramanga opposite Roger Moore in The Man With the Golden Gun (1974).
- Published his autobiography, Tall, Dark and Gruesome, in 1977.
- Was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2009.
- Had more than 300 screen credits to his name.
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2011, BAFTA Film Awards — Academy Fellowship: Winner
- Estelle Marie Carandini di Sarzano — Mother
- Geoffrey Trollope Lee — Father
- Birgit Kroencke — Wife
- Christina — Daughter
- Birth Name: Christopher Frank Carandini Lee
- Birth Place: Belgravia, London, England
- Birthday: May 27, 1922, Gemini
- Died: June 7, 2015
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind
Dracula Is My Uncle (aka.- Uncle Was A Vampire ) - Starring Christopher Lee- Color Widescreen English Dubbed Version
By GI StudiosBuy New: $15.99
By Bayview EntertainmentBuy New: $11.89
By McFarlandBuy New: $39.95