- Originally wanted to be an opera singer.
- Served with the Royal Air Force during World War II.
- Big break came when he first donned fangs for the title role in Horror of Dracula (1958).
- Ian Fleming (James Bond author and his distant cousin) suggested him for the title role in the film Dr. No (1962), but the part went to Joseph Wiseman. He was later cast as the villain Scaramanga opposite Roger Moore in The Man With the Golden Gun (1974).
- Published his autobiography, Tall, Dark and Gruesome, in 1977.
- Was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2009.
- Had more than 300 screen credits to his name.
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2011, BAFTA Film Awards — Academy Fellowship: Winner
- Christina — Daughter
- Estelle Marie Carandini di Sarzano — Mother
- Geoffrey Trollope Lee — Father
- Birgit Kroencke — Wife
- Birth Name: Christopher Frank Carandini Lee
- Birth Place: Belgravia, London, England
- Died: June 7, 2015
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
What happens with old timey-sailors get a hold of 21st century porn?
the Christopher Lee Collection - Limited Edition (The Blood of Fu Manchu / The Castle of Fu Manchu / Circus of Fear / The Bloody Judge)
By Blue UndergroundBuy New: $27.84
- Buy New: $1.99
By McFarlandBuy New: $35.00