- Is half-Norwegian, half-Scottish; his father came to Canada from Norway in the 1950s.
- Explorer Thor Heyerdahl is his father's cousin.
- Grew up in a house on Vancouver's Hollyburn Mountain with no running water.
- Considered becoming a psychologist before turning to acting.
- Spent two years acting with the Stratford Theatre Festival.
- For five months in 2011, he flew back and forth between the Vancouver set of Sanctuary and the Calgary set of Hell on Wheels.
- Wife is a high-school teacher.
- The facial tattoo he sported in Stargate: Atlantis was inspired by KISS guitarist Ace Frehley.
- Is fluent in French.
- Birth Place: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Flash and more