- Was the lead singer for rock band The Ottoman Bigwigs in Seattle.
- Won an Obie award for an off-Broadway production of A Streetcar Named Desire in 1999.
- Played Reverend Parris in the 2002 Broadway revival of The Crucible, opposite Laura Linney and Liam Neeson.
- Died of cancer after shooting five episodes of Silicon Valley; he was posthumously nominated for a Critics' Choice Award for his work.
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- William Welch — Father
- McKenna Marx — Sister
- Derek Welch — Brother
- Emma Roberts Welch — Wife
- June Harper Welch — Daughter
- Katherine Welch — Mother
- University of Dallas, Dallas, Texas, United States (BA in Fine Arts); University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States (MA)
Season 7, Episode 3
- Birth Name: Christopher Evan Welch
- Birth Place: Fort Belvoir, Virginia, United States
- Birthday: September 28, 1965, Libra
- Died: December 2, 2013
- Profession: Actor