- Made her Broadway debut in Angel Street in 1976; subsequently appeared in Oklahoma, Camelot and Getting Away with Murder.
- Launched her TV career in the mid-'70s with a role on the long-running ABC soap Ryan's Hope.
- Was a Saturday Night Live cast member during the 1981-82 season, co-anchoring the "Weekend Update" segment.
- Made her big-screen debut in 1982 with a bit part in Tootsie, and went on to star in Mac and Me (1988) and Folks! (1992).
- Moved to Hollywood in 1985, after starring in the poorly received Broadway musical Harrigan N' Heart, which closed after just three performances.
- Landed series-regular roles on several sitcoms, including CBS' The Cavanaughs and Ink.
- Returned to the cabaret stage in 1997, and released her first album, Live at the Cinegrill, the following year.
- Began a string of critically acclaimed stage roles in 2001 with 42nd Street, and continued her winning streak with Dinner at Eight (2003) and Grey Gardens (2007).
- 2007, Tony — Actress (Musical): Winner
- 2003, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 2001, Tony — Actress (Musical): Winner
- Bob Ebersole — Father
- Peter Bergman — Ex-husband
- Mae Mae — Daughter
- Janel Moloney — Niece
- Marian Ebersole — Mother
- Elijah — Son
- Bill Moloney — Husband
- Aron — Son
- Attended MacMurray College, Jacksonville, IL; American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York, NY (1975)
Season 7, Episode 1
- Birth Place: Winnetka, IL
- Birthday: February 21, 1953, Pisces
- Profession: Actor, Singer
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: