Christina Aguilera Celebrity
Although Christina Aguilera lost when she appeared on Star Search at age 9, the determined diva continued to pursue her musical dreams and signed on to The New Mickey Mouse Club at age 12, where she appeared alongside other future stars Britney Spears, Jus… (more)
Birth Name: Christina Maria Aguilera
Birth Place: Staten Island, New York, United States
Birthday: December 18, 1980, Sagittarius
Although Christina Aguilera lost when she appeared on Star Search at age 9, the determined diva continued to pursue her musical dreams and signed on to The New Mickey Mouse Club at age 12, where she appeared alongside other future stars Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, J.C. Chasez, Keri Russell and Ryan Gosling. Two years later she traveled to Japan and recorded a hit duet, "All I Wanna Do," with Japanese pop star Keizo Nakanishi. Upon her return stateside in 1998, Aguilera was chosen to record the song "Reflection" for Disney's animated smash Mulan. Following that success, Aguilera, who possesses a four-octave range, signed her first recording contract and released her self-titled debut album in 1999. It rocketed to No. 1 and yielded three chart-topping singles, including "Genie in a Bottle" and "What a Girl Wants," and sold 10 million units. The recording industry took notice of her talents and crowned her the year's Best New Artist at the Grammy Awards. A year later she snagged a Latin Grammy for the Spanish-language CD Mi Reflejo, and in 2001 she shared a Grammy with Lil' Kim, Mya and Pink for a racy remake of Patti LaBelle's classic "Lady Marmalade." For her second U.S. album, 2002's Stripped, the New York-born but Pennsylvania-raised songstress went from teenybopper to bombshell, appearing practically nude on the CD's cover, in her videos and in a number of men's magazines. But the new super-sexy image fit her, and another Grammy, for her vocal performance on the single "Beautiful," was added to her trophy case. In 2005 she married record producer Jordan Bratman and in 2006 she got Back to Basics, the title of her third album, wowing listeners with vintage vocal stylings reminiscent of her idols Etta James and Billie Holiday, and adopting a 1940s Hollywood glamour look. The Grammy magnet then collected more hardware for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "Ain't No Other Man." Aguilera took some time off when she became a mom in 2008, but 2010 saw the much-anticipated release of her fourth album, Bionic, and her film debut in Burlesque.
- Appeared on Star Search at the age of 9.
- Sang the national anthem at age 10 before games for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins and Pirates.
- Was a member of the talent-heavy cast of Disney's The New Mickey Mouse Club, which produced the likes of pop superstars Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, and actors Keri Russell and Ryan Gosling.
- Is half-Ecuadorian and released a Spanish-language album, Mi Reflejo, although she is not fluent in Spanish; she learned the lyrics phonetically.
- Cowrote American Idol Kelly Clarkson's hit single "Miss Independent."
- Was named by Rolling Stone as one of the 100 greatest singers of all time.
- Made her film debut in the 2010 film Burlesque and wrote several songs for the soundtrack.
- 2011, Golden Globe — Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2014, Grammy — Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: Winner
- 2001, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 1999, Grammy — Best New Artist: Winner
- 2003, Grammy — Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: Winner
- 2006, Grammy — Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: Winner
- Fausto Aguilera — Father
- Stephanie Kearns — Stepsister
- Rachel Aguilera — Sister
- Jordan Bratman — Ex-husband
- Michael Kearns — Half Brother
- Shelly Kearns — Mother
- Casey Kearns — Stepbrother
- Jim Kearns — Stepfather
- Summer Rain Rutler — Daughter
- Max Liron Bratman — Son
- Matthew Rutler — Fiancé
Trending TonightSee all »
By Sbme Special Mkts.Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $10.79 (as of 10:10 PM UTC - more info)
By Hal Leonard CorporationUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $13.47 (as of 10:10 PM UTC - more info)
By Hal LeonardUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $14.70 (as of 10:10 PM UTC - more info)