- Nicknamed CP3 because he, his father and his brother all have the same initials: C.P. (his father is CP1, his brother is CP2).
- Scored 61 points in a 2002 high-school game as a tribute to his 61-year-old grandfather, who had just been murdered (he died the day after Paul signed with Wake Forest); after he reached 61 points, Paul intentionally missed a free throw and removed himself from the game.
- Stitches the number 61 on his shoes.
- Had a copy of his grandfather's obituary with him at every game during his first year at Wake Forest.
- Holds the ACC record for steals by a freshman with 84 and also broke school freshman records for three-point percentage, free-throw percentage, free throws and assists.
- Ranks second in minutes played as a freshman in school history behind former NBA player Frank Johnson (1977).
- Ranks third in games started as a freshman in school history behind current NBA players Josh Howard (1999) and Tim Duncan (1994).
- Named 2004 ACC Rookie of the Year and was named unanimously to the 2004 ACC All Rookie first team.
- Led the Demon Deacons to two NCAA Tournaments, reaching the Sweet 16 in his freshman year (2004).
- Two-time All-American at Wake Forest.
- Coached at Wake Forest by Skip Prosser, who also coached Hornets teammate David West at Xavier.
- Started the CPS Foundation in 2005 to better the Winston-Salem, NC, community.
- Declared for the draft after his sophomore year at Wake Forest; selected fourth overall in the 2005 draft by the New Orleans Hornets.
- Voted 2005-06 NBA Rookie of the Year almost unanimously; missed by only one vote (from a Utah journalist who voted for Deron Williams of the Jazz, who was drafted third).
- Named to the 2006 NBA All-Rookie First Team.
- Played on Team USA in the 2006 FIBA Championship tournament, winning a bronze medal.
- Named a spokesperson for the United States Bowling Congress in 2007.
- Set Guinness record for sinking four half-court shots within a minute during 2008 All-Star Weekend in New Orleans.
- Second place in 2008 NBA MVP voting (Kobe Bryant).
- Won a gold medal with the 2008 U.S. Olympic Basketball Team.
- Selected for the Western Conference All-Star Team, the All-NBA First Team and the All-Defensive Second Team in 2008.
- Robin Paul — Mother
- Nathaniel Frederick Jones — Grandfather
- Charles Paul — Father
- C.J. Paul — Brother
- Camryn Alexis Paul — Daughter
- Jada Paul — Wife
- Christopher Emmanuel Paul II — Son
- Attended Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
Season 2, Episode 14
- Birth Name: Christopher Emmanuel Paul
- Birth Place: Winston-Salem, NC
- Birthday: May 6, 1985, Taurus
- Profession: Pro basketball player