- Mother was a psychoanalyst and father a graphic designer.
- Grew up in Boyle, Ireland, the hometown of Maureen O'Sullivan, the actress who played Jane in the first Tarzan film.
- Studied politics and sociology in college; and wrote for the college newspaper, the University Observer.
- Worked construction, in bars and at call centers while pursuing an acting career in London.
- Won a 2005 BAFTA Scottish Award for his leading role in Festival.
- Wrote the 2012 British series Moone Boy, which is partly based on his childhood in Ireland during the late 1980s.
- 2015, IFTA Television Awards — Best Male Performance: Nominee
- 2012, AACTA Awards — Best Lead Actor: Winner
- 2015, IFTA Television Awards — Best Writer- Soap and Comedy: Nominee
- 0, — :
- 0, — :
- 2014, BAFTA Television Awards — Best Male Performance In A Comedy Programme: Nominee
- 2012, BAFTA Film Awards — Rising Star Award: Nominee
- 2015, IFTA Television Awards — Best Director- Soap and Comedy: Nominee
- 2011, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2014, Tony — Actor (Play): Nominee
- 2015, BAFTA Television Awards — Best Scripted Comedy: Nominee
- Denise O'Dowd — Mother
- Sean O'Dowd — Father
- Art O'Porter — Son
- Dawn Porter — Wife
- Attended University College, Dublin, Ireland; attended London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, London, England
- Birth Name: Christopher O'Dowd
- Birth Place: Ireland
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
There are pros and cons