The son of CBS television reporter Jeanne Parr, intense-eyed actor Chris Noth received an MFA from Yale's School of Drama but didn't hit it big until his mid-thirties when he played the role of volatile detective Mike Logan on Law & Order for five seasons. He later reprised the character on the spin-off Law & Order: Criminal Intent for three seasons. After Sex and the City turned him into a sex symbol, he continued his role of Mr. Big for the series' big-screen adaptation in 2008, as well as its 2010 sequel. Noth continues to work in multiple mediums, moving seamlessly from the Sex and the City films to theater work (an off-Broadway production of Farragut North in 2008) to TV shows (The Good Wife). Off screen, he owns a Manhattan nightclub called the Cutting Room and a series of kid-friendly tea rooms in Canada called Once Upon a Teacup.
- The youngest of three boys whose widowed mother, CBS reporter Jeanne Parr, was often at work, he wasn't a stranger to mischief. He was sent to boarding school by his mother after he took a neighbor's car for a joyride and damaged it when it rolled into another neighbor's house.
- Lived in a cabin he built himself while he studied American transcendentalism at Vermont's nontraditional Marlboro College.
- Performed in 25 plays while he was a student at the Yale School of Drama.
- Co-owns the Cutting Room, a Manhattan nightclub, and Once Upon a Teacup, a chain of kid-friendly tea rooms in Canada.
- Named his son Orion after his favorite constellation.
- 2000, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2011, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1994, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2011, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1995, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Tara Wilson — Wife
- Beverly Johnson — Ex-significant Other
- Michael Noth — Brother
- Jeanne Parr — Mother
- Charles Noth — Brother
- Charles Noth — Father
- Orion Christopher Noth — Son
- Marlboro College, Marlboro, Vermont, United States; Yale University, School of Drama, New Haven, Connecticut, United States (MFA, 1985)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Christopher David Noth
- Birth Place: Madison, Wisconsin, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »