Chris Messina Celebrity
- Dropped out of college after one semester and planned to drive across the country, à la Jack Kerouac, but by the time he saved enough money for the trip, had decided to pursue an acting career.
- Made Broadway debut in 2003 in a revival of Oscar Wilde's Salome, starring Al Pacino, David Strathairn, Dianne Wiest and Marisa Tomei.
- Discouraged by a stalled career in 2005, he was about to return to New York from Los Angeles, but got a break with a role on the final season of Six Feet Under, as Claire's love interest.
- In 2012, appeared in such feature films as Ruby Sparks, Fairhaven, The Giant Mechanical Man and 28 Hotel Rooms, and three TV series: Damages, The Newsroom and The Mindy Project.
- Cites Judd Hirsch and Harrison Ford as inspirations for his work on The Mindy Project.
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2012, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- Giovanni Messina — Son
- Milo Messina — Son
- Phyllis Messina — Mother
- Jennifer Todd — Significant Other
- Attended Marymount Manhattan College, New York, NY
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $2.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By 20th Century FoxUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)