- Worked for several years as a fish handler for a Seattle seafood wholesaler.
- Began his music career playing drums in a cover band.
- After forming Soundgarden in 1984, released his first studio album with the band, Louder Than Love, in 1989 on A&M Records.
- Collaborated with future Pearl Jam members Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard in Seattle's Mother Love Bone, whose 1990 self-titled debut featured the smash hit "Hunger Strike."
- Following Soundgarden's demise in 1997, made his solo debut two years later with the largely acoustic Euphoria Morning.
- Formed Audioslave, a "supergroup" featuring three of the four former members of Rage Against the Machine, in 2001; the band released three albums in a four-year span before calling it quits.
- Along with his wife, Vicky Karayiannis, and her brother, opened the Paris restaurant-nightclub Black Calavados in 2006.
- 1994, Grammy — Best Hard Rock Performance: Winner
- 2012, Golden Globe — Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1994, Grammy — Best Metal Performance: Winner
- Toni — Daughter
- Susan Silver — Ex-wife
- Christopher Nicholas — Son
- Vicky Karayiannis — Wife
- Lillian Jean Cornell — Daughter
- Birth Place: Seattle, WA
- Birthday: July 20, 1964, Cancer
- Profession: Rock singer
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind