- Was working in sports talk radio at a station in Westbury, CT, for $23 a night when hired by ESPN in 1979.
- Has appeared in various motion pictures, including Little Big League (1994), Kingpin (1996) and The Longest Yard (2005).
- Has sung onstage with Huey Lewis and the News and appeared in the Hootie and the Blowfish video for "Only Want to Be With You."
- Won the pro-am portion of golf's Franklin Templeton Shootout in 2005 with partners Peter Jacobsen and Greg Norman.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010.
- Received the Pete Rozelle Radio-Television Award given by the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2010.
- While known for giving sports personalities nicknames during his broadcasts, he is also frequently referred to by his nicknames, Boomer and The Swami.
- Douglas Berman — Son
- Peggy Berman — Mother
- Andy Berman — Brother
- Kathy Alexinski — Wife
- James Berman — Father
- Meredith Berman — Daughter
- Brown University, Providence, RI (BA in History, 1977)
- Birth Name: Christopher James Berman
- Birth Place: Greenwich, CT
- Birthday: May 10, 1955, Taurus
- Profession: TV sportscaster
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: