- "Cheech" is short for Chicharron (deep-fried pork skin).
- Apprenticed for a Canadian potter as a youth.
- Met Tommy Chong in a Vancouver bar and the two began performing improv routines together soon after. As the comedy troupe Cheech & Chong, they created skits, albums and movies from 1972 to '85.
- Won the first Celebrity Jeopardy! tournament in 1992.
- As of 2011, has provided voices for four Disney animated feature films: Tito in Oliver & Company (1988); Banzai in The Lion King (1994); and Ramone in Cars (2006) and Cars 2 (2011).
- Markets his own line of hot sauce.
- Hobbies include golf and art collecting.
- 1973, Grammy — Best Comedy Recording: Winner
- Natasha Rubin — Wife
- Elsa Marin — Mother
- Jasmine Marin — Daughter
- Oscar Marin — Father
- Patti Heid — Ex-wife
- Rikki Morley — Ex-wife
- Carmen Marin — Daughter
- Joey Marin — Son
- California State University at Northridge, Northridge, CA
Season 8, Episode 11
- Birth Name: Richard Anthony Marin
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, CA
- Birthday: July 13, 1946, Cancer
- Profession: Actor, Comedian, Writer