Charles Dance Celebrity Watchlist
- Studied graphic design in college, but gained an interest in theater by spending time with two actors who ran a pub in his English neighborhood.
- Started his career by joining the Royal Shakespeare Company, and made his debut film appearance in the James Bond picture For Your Eyes Only (1980).
- Gained international notice for playing the lead role in the TV mini-series The Jewel in the Crown (1984).
- Typically takes on film and television roles as assertive bureaucrats or villains.
- Was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) on June 17, 2006.
- 2014, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2013, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 2006, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- 2014, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Eleanor Dance — Mother
- Oliver Dance — Son
- Rebecca Dance — Daughter
- Walter Dance — Father
- Eleanor Boorman — Fiancée
- Rose Otilie Aaryanna Dance — Daughter
- Joanna Haythorn — Ex-wife
- Leicester College of Art, Leicester, England; Plymouth College of Art, Plymouth, Devon, England
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative