Charles Barkley Celebrity
- Was a reserve on his high-school varsity team during his junior year, and became a starter as a senior after a sudden growth spurt.
- Played for Auburn University for three years and led the Southeastern Conference all three years in rebounding; was named the 1980s SEC Player of the Decade.
- Was famously cut from the 1984 Olympic basketball team by coach Bobby Knight for gaining weight; later won gold medals in 1992 and 1996.
- Was the fifth overall pick in the 1984 NBA draft by the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Named NBA MVP in 1993; played in 11 NBA All-Star games.
- Is the shortest player in NBA history to lead the league in rebounding.
- His No. 34 jersey was retired by Auburn, Philadelphia and Phoenix.
- Selected as one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA history.
- Upon his retirement in 2000, was one of only four NBA players to amass 20,000 points, 10,000 rebounds and 4000 assists.
- First player from Alabama to be elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (2006).
- Became an NBA TV commentator upon retirement.
- Nicknames include Sir Charles and the Round Mound of Rebound.
- Darryl Barkley — Brother
- Maureen Barkley — Wife
- John Glenn Barkley — Brother
- Johnnie Mickens — Grandmother
- Charcey Glenn — Mother
- Christiana Barkley — Daughter
- Frank Barkley — Father
- Attended Auburn University, Auburn, AL
Trending TonightSee all »
By Team MarketingUsually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $24.98 (as of 3:01 PM UTC - more info)
By YES NetworkUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $14.95 (as of 3:01 PM UTC - more info)