Celia Weston Celebrity
- Before pursuing acting, a profession she feared her late father would not have approved of, she enrolled in college to study psychology.
- Received theater training in both New York and London.
- Began her acting career in 1979, and made her Broadway (Loose Ends), TV (The Single Life) and film (Honky Tonk Freeway) debuts all within three years.
- Has said that her role in the 1980s sitcom Alice hindered her film career. Although she had initially rejected the role, she admitted that "the money became so phenomenal that I just had to do it."
- Beat out Delta Burke, Dianne Wiest and Kathy Bates to secure the role of Cameron's mother on the ABC sitcom Modern Family.
- 1997, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Attended Salem College, Winston-Salem, NC; attended Rose Bruford College of Theater and Performance, Kent, England; North Carolina School of the Arts, Winston-Salem, NC (1973)
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By 20th Century FoxUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $2.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)